Dr. Norbert Paddags
“What motivates you?” is perhaps not the most original question for a first meeting, but still a good one. You have to understand the inner forces that drive you, so that you can exploit them properly, and apply them to performing useful services for other people.
I feel three motivating impulses:
- the joy of challenging ideas, an emotion that has carried me through a university degree in Economic History and on to a Doctorate in international capital markets, and from there to my present teaching activities
- the curiosity to get to the bottom of economic phenomena, and investigate what I find. Without this, we cannot take full responsibility for what we do – which, in my case, is performing strategic consulting services
- the desire to work with our clients in a dynamic environment, and to set innovative solutions to work, and this desire was my motivation for founding Dr. Paddags Strategy Consulting.
Milestones in my career
Since 2015, independent management consultant, since 2017 Managing Director of Dr. Paddags Strategy Consulting
Since 2014, teaching engagements at various universities, on Strategy, Finance and Risk
Head of the unit “Business Steering”, NordLB, Hanover, including the decentralised controlling and management of the Capital Markets Division
Deputy Head „Management Board Support“, HSH Nordbank, Hamburg
- Head of the unit “Business Steering & Communication”, HSH Nordbank, Kiel, responsible for the strategy and management of the Capital Market sector
- Management consultant, Siemens Management, Munich, including responsibility for Complexity Management
- Management consultant, McKinsey & Company, Munich, with emphasis on Financial Services / Controlling